Individuals and businesses can open an account with ShieldPay. To open an account with us, a User must:
- Either be an individual (at least 18 years old) or a business that is able to form a legally binding contract; and
- Complete our sign-up process.
As part of our sign-up process, you must:
- Register an email address, which will also act as your ‘User ID’;
- Set a password and PIN, which we will use to log you in and prompt when you want to make or withdraw a payment
- Agree for us to verify and validate your identity and bank or debit/credit card account information
During or after the sign-up process, you can enter your bank account, debit card or credit card to fund the ShieldPay Vault and your bank account details to withdraw monies from the ShieldPay Vault.
We will provide you with information relating to the payments processed through ShieldPay.
In order for any payments to be paid to or withdrawn to an account, both the ShieldPay payer and payee need to agree to transact and for the funds to be released from the ShieldPay Vault. Once ShieldPay has received instructions from both parties and the payee has decided they'd like to withdraw the funds, the funds will arrive in the payees bank account within one business day.